QuickBooks is counted under one of the best accounting software. It has gained popularity among all types of businesses. As it helps to manage and keep a track of all the incoming and outgoing cash flow. Whether it be small, medium, or large-sized businesses, QuickBooks Services has proved to be an advantage for everyone. It has made every user’s life much easier, sorted, and faster. But there are times when some error may occur and one such error is QuickBooks error 1904. Module failed to register QuickBooks or QuickBooks install error? i.e. Error 1904.
This error occurs when some critical files & folders from your system start missing and the system becomes unstable. Every machine needs time-to-time maintenance and so is this system software. Because the reason for this kind of issue to arise is irregular maintenance of the computer. So, get your computer serviced frequently otherwise these issues will continue to happen. The QuickBooks Error 1904 can be seen with a network in the multi-user mode while restoring the backup. Also, there are some more other reasons for such errors to take place. But it’s really important to fix this error to avoid any more damages.
What are the reasons for Error 1904 to occur?
There are anonymous reasons for the occurrence of this QuickBooks install error 1904. The different error causes are as listed below-
- If your windows or QuickBooks Desktop has not been updated to the latest version, this error 1904 may take place.
- If some of the Microsoft components like- MSXML, Microsoft C++, or Microsoft .NET framework are damaged or missing, will also show this error.
- QuickBooks install error 1904 occurs if you don’t take care of the proper maintenance of the system. In such a case, some internal files & programs get corrupted and the error occurs.
- If your windows installer is corrupted.
- Also, the issues in the hard drive of the system can be a problem.
- If network connections with the host system are not responding or if they disrupted then also this error 1904 could happen.
Points to be kept in mind while solving QuickBooks Error 1904.
The error 1904 need to be resolved instantly to avoid further major damage to the system. But there are few points which are must to be kept in mind at the time of solving this error. Those key points are as mentioned below-
- Just having a QuickBooks database manager is not enough. The actual QuickBooks.exe file is a must to install.
- Before starting with the installation of Avalara Avatax make sure that QuickBooks.exe is installed on the server. Please do double-check and avoid the chances of risk.
- As soon as you click on OK of the error message, the installation will be successfully completed.
- Make sure to run QuickBooks as administrator and then select the test connection.
Read more about: “What is child support in QuickBooks”
How to fix this Error 1904?
You can get rid of QuickBooks install Error 1904 with the help of some effective solutions.
Solution 1: Using QuickBooks Install diagnostic tool could be a help.
- From the error message window, select “Ignore” and move to finish QuickBooks installation.
- In the next step restart your computer without opening QuickBooks.
- Next, download QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool and run it.
- Once again reboot your computer.
- Now open QuickBooks and check if it is working properly.
Solution 2: Try to make changes to windows account settings.
- First of all, just switch to “windows administrator account”.
- Open file explorer.
- From program files in the C drive, navigate to common files.
- Right-click on common files.
- Select the properties from the appeared list.
- From the Security tab, choose “Edit”.
- Choose users from the group or user name section.
- Check permission for users and select on needful permissions, like- modify, read & execute, list folder content, read, write.
- Pree on apply button and then click on OK.
- In the next step, install QuickBooks and sign out of the admin account via start menu.
- Log in to the actual user account.
- Go to the bottom left of the screen and click on “start”.
- In the search field, type CMD and run CMD as administrator.
- At last, type “net user active: no” in the CMD window and hit “enter”.
- Now check if your QuickBooks can be opened with a regular account. If yes then QuickBooks error 1904 has got fixed.
Solution 3: Try to uninstall and reinstall Adobe Flash Player.
- In the first step, download QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool and run it.
- Select start menu.
- In the search bar, type “Control Panel”.
- Hit the control panel to open it.
- Start to uninstall a program.
- Search for Adobe Flash Player ActiveX from the list of programs.
- Press “uninstall”.
- Let the uninstallation process get completed.
- At last, just download the Adobe flash player and again install it.
These were the few solutions to get rid of QuickBooks Install error 1904. You can apply any of the above solutions to fix this error. However, in any case, if you still face any problem or unable to resolve the issue. Then, QuickBooks Services being so helpful always, you can contact us anytime. Just dial our toll-free QuickBooks Services number and get in touch with us. Our team of experts will support you and guide you towards the solution.